Happy Labor Day everyone! I found this cool photo at the Menge Avenue Flea Market in Long Beach, Mississippi yesterday. The gentlemen had boxes of random things that I could have spent all afternoon in the sweltering heat looking through. This photo was taken in New Zealand, and I thought it was a great homage to Summer. My summer was a good one. My teacher schedule allowed me to travel to see good friends and family as well as start my Etsy Shop.
However, for no good reason, Mississippi schools go back the first week of August. So the allure of Labor Day weekend being the final days of Summer has not been something I could understand. Most the time September is as hot as August with just as much chance of tropical weather. The one exception being when I moved to Scotland. When I arrived on September 7, 2007 the autumn chill had already come to Edinburgh causing me a few uncomfortable nights where all the contents of my suitcase were taken out and placed on my person.
Oh how I love Fall. Here are some things to look forward to on this blog as I gear up for cooler weather….
- The appearance of a line of vintage jewelry and accessories from my shop and my best friend’s shop The Muddy Mermaid.
- The repurposing and refurbishing of an old Sear’s wood burning stove for my parent’s barn.
- Fun vintage pieces for our annual Halloween Party. This year’s theme is Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves!
- Some local ghost stories. From a collection of spooky tales I have been collecting for over two years.
- Fun Finds and Wish List Wednesdays for Fall and Halloween.
Until then, take comfort in the words of F. Scott Fitzgerald….
2 thoughts on “Saying Goodbye to Summer… Kind of…”
Cute Etsy shop! I love vintage books too! I love a good, old, bound book.
Thank you for visiting! I will be adding some more books each day for most of this month. I will also visit your blog soon as well.